York LGBT Forum is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services (website, social media, and support services), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
York LGBT Forum may change this policy from time to time by updating the policy, this will be available on our website, on our member’s dropbox and hard copies will be kept with the secretary. You should check the policy from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 03/04/2018.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as your address, postcode, preferences and interests. This is optional for membership, volunteers and non-membership. It is not optional for service users owing to Safeguarding regulations.
• We do not store your data if you donate or purchase York LGBT Forum merchandise or event tickets – this is done through PayPal. PayPal is General Data Protection Regulation Ready.
• If you access one of our services. We may share this information with another organisation owing to specific legislation. E.g. Safeguarding, request from a funder when reporting and the Police. This will be made clear to you depending on the service you access.
What we do with the information we gather
York LGBT Forum uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding what you might be interested in – so we can send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. In particular, we use the information for:
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve our services.
• To send communications about York LGBT Forum news and events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
• If accessing one of services which is externally funded we may use some of the information you have provided for reports.
• If you are a service user we use your information to protect you under Safeguarding regulations.
York LGBT Forum uses Paypal to process regular donations and to process card payments. When making a donation to York LGBT Forum or signing up as a regular supporter. York LGBT Forum collects the data you provide (personal information, etc. this is to acknowledge your donation) and we do not pass any information on to any third party organisation. We do not store any of the payment card details provided when you make an payment with York LGBT Forum (e.g. donations, merchandise, tickets).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
If you are 13 or under, you should get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to York LGBT Forum. We will contact and meet with your parent/guardian for proof that they are your parents.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website/paper, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• The form(s) will also contain how you would like to be contacted via email, telephone, address.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to York LGBT Forum, York CVS, 15 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET. We will contact you and ask for verifying details so we know that it is you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For more information read our General Data Protection Regulation Policy
York LGBT Forum General Data Protection Regulation Policy