There are many ways you can get involved with us:
- Attend one of our meetings: 2nd Thursday of the month at York St John University De Grey 109 7pm – 9:30pm
- Volunteer with us: do you have a special interest? We can find something for you.
- Become a member fill out the form below:
- Notes on Membership Voting Rights
Full Member: anyone who identifies as LGBTQI, Yes
Associate Member: anyone who supports our aims and objectives No
but doesn’t want voting rights
Corporate Member: any organisation that wishes to No
support our aims and objectives
YORK LGBT FORUM
Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) No. 1162234
Address: Priory Street Centre, 15 Priory Street, York YO1 6ET
THE OBJECTS OF THE CIO are:
- To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit by:
– the elimination of discrimination in relation to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates living within the city of York and its environs;
– challenging homophobia, biphobia, transphobia or any associated negative attitudes and behaviour within society;
– working with partners and organisations, public and private, in developing initiatives that will enhance and safeguard LGBT people’s lives, ensuring their inclusion in all aspects of life, and that their human rights are promoted; and by
– advancing education, raising awareness and promoting a culture based on equality and diversity.
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates from being socially excluded from society on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity, relieving the needs of such people; and
- To further any other purpose which is charitable according to the law of England and Wales for the public benefit as the trustees see fit from time to time.
Full constitution available on website:
Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have collected your data because we have considered that is it necessary for us to have your email and address (optional) in order for you to receive communications from us. We will keep your data until you notify us you are no longer want to be a member or have died. Your data is secured in a safe place and is locked with only the Secretary having access to the files. We will from time to time ask you if your details are correct and if you would like to remain a member.