Forum meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at:
We are in different buildings please check dates for exact location
Time – 7:00pm – 9:30pm
If you have a learning/disability need please let us know before attending the meeting.
The venue is fully accessible
At these meetings, issues of concern to the LGBT Forum are raised, discussed and debated and actions are agreed.
We give feedback from the City Council’s Equality Advisory Group. We submit proposals and ideas to the York Fairness Commission, Holocaust Memorial Day and LGBT History Month as well as undertake many other initiatives.
We have light hearted discussions, plan projects with your input and have exciting guest speakers!
Meetings are regularly attended by elected City Councillors, Council staff, representatives of charitable organisations and our own dedicated LGBT Liaison Officer from North Yorkshire Police. This allows members to voice any concerns or raise any questions as they feel appropriate.
The York LGBT Forum is a welcoming, friendly and accommodating group.
Please come along and get involved, tell us what you think and make sure your voice is being heard
Forum Meeting Dates in 2019 are as follows:-
- Thursday 10th January 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 14th February 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 14th March 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 11th April 7pm – 9:30pm Cordukes 001
- Thursday 9th May 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 13th June 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 11th July 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 8th August 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 12th September 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Thursday 10th October 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
- Friday 8th November 7pm – 9:30pm (AGM) Venue TBC
- Thursday 12th December 7pm – 9:30pm De Grey 123
Minutes are emailed to members only for their records. Paper copies can be made available.