Forum meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at:
De Grey Court Building Room 109
Time – 7:00pm – 9:30pm
If you have a learning/disability need please let us know before attending the meeting.
The venue is fully accessible
At these meetings, issues of concern to the LGBT Forum are raised, discussed and debated and actions are agreed.
We give feedback from the City Council’s Equality Advisory Group. We submit proposals and ideas to the York Fairness Commission, Holocaust Memorial Day and LGBT History Month as well as undertake many other initiatives.
We have light hearted discussions, plan projects with your input and have exciting guest speakers!
Meetings are regularly attended by elected City Councillors, Council staff, representatives of charitable organisations and our own dedicated LGBT Liaison Officer from North Yorkshire Police. This allows members to voice any concerns or raise any questions as they feel appropriate.
The York LGBT Forum is a welcoming, friendly and accommodating group.
Please come along and get involved, tell us what you think and make sure your voice is being heard
Forum Meeting Dates in 2017 are as follows:-
- Thursday 12th January 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 9th February 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 9th March 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 13th April 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 11th May 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 8th June 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 13th July 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 10th August 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 14th September 7pm – 9:30pm
- Thursday 12th October 7pm – 9:30pm
- Friday 10th November 7pm – 9:30pm (AGM)
- Thursday 14th December 7pm – 9:30pm
Minutes are emailed to members only for their records. Paper copies can be made available.