We are a registered charity Registered Charity Number: 1162234
True Colour Theatre Presents
Blowing Whistle at the Basement!
Dates have changed to 15-17th June 2017
Queer Sundays at the art gallery! and it is free
Sundays 11am – 4pm
13,20,27 November 11th December 15 and 22 January 12 and 26 February 12 March Performace Day
We are a York Lord Mayor’s Charity of the Year 2016-2017
Check Our Calendar for events!
The York Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Forum was established in 2006, to act as a strong and unified voice for the local LGBT community. We achieved charity status in 2015. We also represent other minority groups who fall under the LGBT umbrella.
Under our charity constitution we have a voting membership, so by becoming a member today you can have a say in the running of the York LGBT Forum!
Whilst the Forum works within the York area, it isn’t exclusive to York. We have recently started to work internationally.
Our Objects are
1. To promote equality and diversity for the public benefit by:
– The elimination of discrimination in relation to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, queer, questioning (LGBT) and allies and associates living within the city of York and its environs;
– Challenging homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, or any associated negative attitudes and behaviour within society;
– Working with partners and organisations, public and private, in developing initiatives that will enhance and safeguard LGBT people’s lives, ensuring their inclusion in all aspects of life, and that their human rights are protected; and by
– Advancing education, raising awareness and promoting a culture based on equality and diversity.
2. To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, queer, questioning people (LGBT) and allies and associates from being socially excluded from society on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity; and
3. To further any other purpose which is charitable according to the law of England and Wales for the public benefit as the trustees see fit from time to time.
These aims and objectives are achieved through a number of ways, including through casework, advocacy, policy and advisory work, mapping local crime analysis, training, projects, outreach and through schools and education.
The Forum believes that where barriers exist, there is inequality!
The diversity within the LGBT community enriches all aspects of life, and should be encouraged and promoted. This is why the York LGBT Forum strives to improve the social inclusion of LGBT people in the area.
The Forum actively promotes awareness and understanding of LGBT needs to enable full participation in society and works with many others to reduce the fear of crime and bullying, particularly in schools. It also encourages greater participation in the prevention and detection of homophobic, transphobic and biphobic discrimination.
Coffee and Cake - LGBT Meet up03/12/2016 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pmThe Workshop, YO307BJIf you're LGBT or just curious, come along to the informal coffee morning. Contact Jake on 07935 200575 for more info or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffee Morning Christmas meal03/12/2016 at 7:00 pm – 10:00 pmThomas's of York, Museum St, York YO1 7DT, UKJoin us for a meal in Thomas's of York!
Positive Mingle for HIV + bi and gay guys05/12/2016 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmContact Ben for further details 01904 620400 or email@example.comYork’s first ever "Positive Mingle" is a safe and confidential social event for HIV+ gay and bisexual guys. FREE food and drink provided